There are a wide and growing range of resources available to participants of the InsurTech Corridor:
Resources provided for UK participating companies:
- Supporting materials for the market and key stakeholders
- Overview of the ecosystem including key facts about the market, list of local insurance companies, accelerator programs, major events, and associations – Provided by CT IFS
- Overview of the regulatory environment – Provided by the Insurance Commissioner’s Office
- Mapping of professional service options – Provided by CT IFS
- Legal (immigration, registration) and tax
- Market access
- Mentor Network – Organized by CT IFS & DIT – Connection to investors, insurance partners, incubators, and experts in region
- Webinars, networking opportunities
Resources provided for US participant firms:
- Discounted InsurTech UK membership for US firms.
- Information about accelerator networks in the UK – Lloyd’s Lab, FCA Reg Sandbox, Tech Nation Fintech Cohort, Accenture Fintech Accelerator, etc.
- Access to cost-effective office space.
- Introductions to legal, accountancy, banking services, and competitive and affordable fees through Insurtech UK’s partners.
- Soft benefits (hotels, restaurants, bars etc).
- Mentoring scheme for CT/US companies exploring UK market entry, in collaboration with DIT HQ.
- DIT will facilitate introductions to UK regulators and provide information to assist companies in registration, immigration, accessing finance, planning their office location, and recruiting talent.
- Information about the UK insurance market, key stakeholders, investors, and regulatory regime (UK Market Entry Guide).
- Connections to trusted service providers, accelerator programs, and office space.
- Free investment support services courtesy of DIT’s Investment Services Team.
- Access to the London & Partners network and resources.
- Information on UK regions and connections with non-London insurance hubs.
- DIT to host educational webinars, industry networking opportunities, and other events to raise awareness for the program and the participating companies.